ISDSI has more than 20 years of experience in Thailand running world class courses for university and college students from the US. We are now opening the ISDSI program to any student in good academic standing, including recent high school graduates.
With the COVID-19 pandemic, many students are reconsidering their Fall 2020 semester plans. We are opening our semester to accommodate students who have been studying in the United States or in the UK, but who may not be able to travel there to student this coming semester.
Who is eligible?
- University students who have been studying in English the US, the UK, or elsewhere, including in an international English language program Thailand.
- Students who have graduated from an international high school in Thailand, and are considering further studies, but are not able or are unwilling to travel to the US or the UK at this time.
What is the semester?
We are going to offering our In-Person semester, Sustainable Development Studies. The program includes the following courses:
- Thai History and Society (Foundations) – Modern Language Studies
- Sustainable Food Systems (Agriculture) – Sociology or Biology
- Political Ecology of Forests (Forests) – Anthropology or Environmental Studies
- Culture and Ecology of the Andaman (Oceans) – Environmental Studies or Geography
These courses are accepted by most universities and colleges to meet general education or elective credits. Please check with your institution to find out what their transfer credit policies are.
Students completing all four courses will earn a Certificate in Sustainability Studies and Leadership.
Students completing the semester will earn 16 hours of credit through Guilford College, USA. Guilford College was founded in 1837, and has a long history of social responsibility and innovative education.