Are you concerned about risk in your programs? Are you responsible for a team, group, students, or others? Be sure you’re covering all of the necessary issues in managing the inherent risk in your activities.
This training introduces the essential concepts any program needs in order to meet standards for risk management, and will help you better manage the inherent risk in your programs, as well as know what to prioritize in your risk management plans.
16 hours over two days
Program Managers, Risk Management officers, Risk Management/Safety Committee members, members of Boards of Directors, executive leadership
- Provide an outline of the scope of risk management topics and issues for outdoor programs
- Provide an introduction to essential considerations in select outdoor program risk management topics
- Provide resources and guidance for further education and information
- Overview of outdoor program risk management
- Attitude, Judgment, and Culture
- Risk Transfer
- Activities and Program Areas
- Staff selection, hiring and supervision
- Equipment management
- Participant screening and supervision
- Subcontractor management
- Incident reporting & management
- Transportation risk management
- Safety Reviews
- Incident Reviews
- Media Relations
- Standards, Accreditation & Regulation
Experiential, hands-on format with case studies, presentations, and seminar-style discussions
Extensive written materials, including best practice standards, templates, sample procedures, and information on further resources, provided.
Certificate provided on successful completion of training program